Sunday, June 22, 2008

Stroller

I insisted on getting the Xplory. I wanted a sturdy and easy to maneuver stroller, that could double up as a bassinet on wheels. The Xplory allows the baby to be high up and therefore far away from dogs (I am very fearful of them. My little bro was attacked by one when were kids and I don't trust those beasts) and car exhaust (Max might inherit my asthma). And let's not forget it looks totally cool. I get lots of admirative comments. It comes with all kind of stuff (a rain cover, a grocery bag, etc) that other strollers are not sold with. So far, I am very happy we bought it. I guess that feeling is compounded by the fact that we scored it at a huge discount. $1,000 seems an insane amount of money to throw in for a stroller, but all the big ones are about the same price.
We used it as a bassinet for the first 2 months, as I wanted Max to sleep in our room but not in our bed (I love the idea of co-sleeping, at least for a little while but I am too scared of smothering him). When he was too fussy, I would just roll him to the living room so that Hubby could sleep. Cheap standard bassinet sheets fit the mattress. While my baby's daddy was against the idea of spending so much money on it, he loves that the stroller is big enough to handle the crooked sidewalks of Brooklyn without the baby being jerked around too much. We also like the fact that it cannot be used with a big child. Where we are from, toddlers walk and are not pushed around, and we don't want to be tempted to leave the kid in the stroller for too long.

No comments: